: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
: Pomona, CA
: Full Time
: Engineering & Construction
: Commensurate with Experience
REGIONAL SAFETY MANAGER
The Griffin Groupe is searching for safety professionals for a premier client in the engineering & construction industry. Our client is a leading utility construction firm providing critical infrastructure for the Power, Communications, Oil & Gas Pipeline, and Gas Distribution markets throughout North America. They consistently rank in the top ten of Engineering News-Record’s
Specialty Contractors and have been recognized with an E.I. DuPont Safety Excellence Award for their safety performance.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- MS in Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Environmental Sciences
- 10 years in a supervisor/ manager safety role
- 5 years of experience in electrical field (transmission & distribution)
- Excellent knowledge of regulatory environment, process and procedures
- Strong communication skills and ability to present to management team
Lead and coordinate safety initiatives and related programs for an assigned region.
To execute the Regional safety goals and support Corporate safety initiatives. Additionally the Regional Safety Manager will interface and assist in the CLIENT’S safety transformation process.
- The Regional Safety Manager (RSM) will assist Regional Management in the implementation of the CLIENT’S Safety, Health and Environmental program.
- The RSM will liaison with all Corporate and Regional Management to ensure adequate resource and personnel availability to support a smooth and effective deployment of the CLIENT’S Safety Transformation project plan.
- The RSM will conduct periodic site visits to monitor and assess the execution of the CLIENT’S Safety Program and progress of the Safety Transformation process.
- The RSM will coach and provide guidance to Regional Management and Supervision on Occupational Safety & Health issues.
- The RSM will review all incident investigations. This function will assist in minimizing the financial liabilities as well as human suffering associated with work-related injuries, illnesses, vehicle accidents, property damages and natural disasters.
- The RSM will provide management and supervision of the Regional Safety Staff and ensure performance reviews of Area Safety Managers, Supervisors and Safety Administrator are conducted annually.
- The RSM will ensure the professional development of regional safety staff.
- The RSM will ensure the Regional Staff efforts are aligned with the objectives and daily mission of the Operational organizations.
- The RSM attend any and all OSHA citation hearings along with operations management provide consultation to management on process and support ways on limiting company losses.
- Participate, facilitate and review all Root Cause Analysis done in accordance with the CLIENT’S Incident Analysis Reporting process.
- The RSM will develop a proactive position for Customer and Regulatory outreach.
- The RSM will work with Corporate/Regional Management & Supervision to ensure safety goals and objectives are aligned with transformation plan implementation alignment.
- Leads training organization in the region (i.e. identifies needs with regional management, evaluates, delivers and provides administration for appropriate training activities utilizing assigned internal and external resources).
- Excellent written and verbal skills required
- Ability to communicate with employees at every level of the organization
- Ability to analyze organizational process through the review of data
- Ability to train others (individual, and groups)
- Knowledge of Federal/State/Industry safety regulations
- Knowledge of Behavior Based Safety Management Systems
- Knowledge of DuPont Safety Management System
- Knowledge of Six Sigma/Lean improvement processes
- Knowledge of adult learning processes/techniques
- BS in Safety/Industrial Hygiene/Environmental Sciences is required (MS strongly preferred, or a related engineering degree with applicable experience in a safety leadership role.)
- Board Certified Safety Professional preferred
- 7-10 years Manager/Supervisor experience in a safety related position.
- 3-5 years construction projects or related experience
- Experience in managing safety in an electrical transmission, distribution and substation environment preferred.
- 5 years experience in the Electrical field required.
- Experience with Regulatory enforcement and contest process and procedures
- Experience in Organizational Development techniques preferred.
- Experience with the DuPont Safety Management System preferred.