Company: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Remote, USA
Engineering Project Manager
The Griffin Groupe is searching for talented logistics and distribution professionals to manage exciting supply chain projects for one of the top pharma companies in the world. This is an opportunity to work with a company focused on logistics that has invested nearly $1 Billion dollars in their supply chain projects in the last 10 years.
Under general direction of an Engineering Project Director, the Engineering Project Manager is responsible for one or more components of an overall project. Projects relate to the design, build, and improvement of our clients distribution facilities and processes. Assignments may span one or more projects that can range in size, complexity, and cross functional involvement. Typical scope of management ranges from less than $1MM to greater than $20MM per project.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Works closely with Engineering Project Director to assist in the development of a project charter outlining project design and/or implementation requirements.
- Assists in the preparation of capital expenditure requests for projects.
- Manages assigned scope according to the project charter. Project elements may include material handling equipment, warehouse, and business systems, building construction or modification and other equipment and services typically found within a distribution environment. Assigned scope may include design, contractor coordination, testing, training, and start up activities. May be assigned multiple areas of scope. May be assigned overall responsibility for a project.
- Manages assigned team members in the execution of the assigned scope.
- Manages and reports on project budget for assigned scope.
- May issue or approve purchase orders according to company policy.
- Develops, maintains, and reports on timelines for assigned scope.
- Typically requires cross-functional coordination with other internal teams and vendors.
- Generates timely and concise communication regarding project status and pending issues.
- Supports in the development of supplier specifications and RFP’s, supports the contractual negotiations, and manages the execution of the plans outlined in the contracts.
- Manages engagement with external consultants and other outsourced resources and vendors that perform work associated with the assigned project scope.
- Coordinates activities with Project Director and other internal project teams to ensure alignment.
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Engineering or a related field.
- Experience managing automation or construction projects exceeding $5MM per project.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience planning and tracking projects using project management software. Experience developing and tracking project costs.
- 7+ years of experience as a project manager, project engineer or related occupation.
- Prior experience in consulting, Six-Sigma, Lean Manufacturing or Kaizen is beneficial.
- Master’s Degree and/or PMP certification desired.
- General knowledge of warehouse operations, warehouse design, and warehouse and business systems
- General knowledge of automated material handling equipment
- Proficiency with project management tools such as Microsoft Project, Excel, Access databases, Word, Powerpoint and AutoCAD
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Strong presentation skills, ability to present and discuss strategies and technical information in a manner that establishes rapport, persuades others, and establishes understanding for technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to lead and energize work teams
- Good analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to evaluate business problems and identify appropriate solutions and resolve issues effectively and efficiently.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Must be able to drive results from both internal and external resources.
- Must be able to quickly adapt plans to changing business requirements
The Griffin Groupe
Director of Recruiting and Technology
Please contact me with any questions: