Company: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Industry: Food Manufacturing
Operational Risk Manager
The Griffin Groupe is searching for talented safety professionals to join our client company’s team in the food manufacturing industry.
The Operational Risk Manager (ORM) will be responsible for managing Operational Risk Management (ORM) processes that include Safety and Health, Environment, Business Continuity, Facility Security, Asset Conservation, and Pandemic Planning. The primary purpose of this position is to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and company policies/procedures and processes. In addition, this position is involved with the identification and communication of operational risks, within the facility, and the development of business strategies to mitigate those risks.
- Ensure safe work environment for self and others by complying with all safety rules, requirements, and programs, as well as making suggestions to improve safety of the facility and personnel.
- Implement ORM Management Systems and Best Practices as designed to be compliant and reduce operational risk.
- Communication of ORM factory results to all levels within the organization utilizing KPI metrics.
- Participate in all Meetings, Conferences, and lead on corporate social responsibility issues and action.
- Primary liaison to collaborate with Legal and Communications Department regarding incidents that could jeopardize the integrity of the brands.
- Keep abreast of applicable legislation and practices that impact the factory, ensure compliance.
- Support plant Quality, high performance culture and continuous improvement programs through active participation and accountability for QRMP. programs, Quality Management Systems and plant productivity programs.
- Actively participate in annual planning, weekly PDCA meetings, DDS meetings and daily Level 2 and 3 meetings.
- Coaches and develop team by serving as leadership coach and resource.
- Recommends new policies or procedures as necessary for compliance and continuous improvements.
- Provide training to staff and employees to ensure that all recognize their contribution to improved ORM performance.
- Coordinate and Attend any hearings on ORM matters.
- Facilitate Workers’ Compensation process with diligence.
- Meet corporate deadlines and completion targets.
- Participates in internal audit program, food safety committee, and sanitary design team.
- Flexibility to adjust to shifts to work with employees from all shifts and overtime as required.
- Management reserves the right, as it deems necessary to assign jobs on a temporary basis in any manner that supports efficient plant operations.
- A minimum of 5 years' relevant experience in safety and environmental management or a Bachelor’s degree in Safety and Environmental Management, Industrial Hygiene or related degree and a minimum of 1 year relevant experience in safety and environmental management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of OSHA, EPA Regulations, DOT Regulations and Management Systems (i.e., ISO 14001, Safety Management Systems).
- Knowledge of State and Federal rules/regulations such as EEO & FDA.
- Continuous Improvement Principles and Practices.
- Ability to multitask and work in a team oriented fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, presentation and facilitation skills that can be applied to all levels of the organization.
- Must have the ability to exercise considerable judgment, problem solving and decision- making skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Safety and Environmental Management, Industrial Hygiene or related degree and a minimum of 1 year relevant experience in safety and environmental management.
- Professional designations such as a Certified Hazard Control Manager (CHCM), 30-hour OSHA certified, certification in Ergonomics, Certified Safety Professional (CSP), or Associate Safety professional (ASP)
- Prior experience with Process Safety Management and Risk Management programs
The Griffin Groupe
Director of Recruiting and Technology
Please contact me with any questions: