Company: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Anywhere, USA
Relocation: Offered (you will be required to travel to job locations)
The Griffin Groupe is seeking an excellent maritime professionals to join our client company’s team.
- Supervises and directs workers engaged in loading and unloading barge to ensure that cargo is loaded according to ballast specifications.
- Attaches ground wire to prevent explosion caused by dry static electricity.
- Opens or closes valving to control the intake or discharge of oil/fuel products.
- Adjusts valves to flow oil/fuel products into storage tanks within barge.
- Uses lever bar to open and close valve wheels.
- Starts pump engines for material intake/discharge.
- Utilizes hand tools (small through large) and pneumatic tools.
- Prepares hoses for intake/discharge of material.
- Attaches hose length to overhead crane.
- Uses overhead boom to initially position hose for hook-up.
- May manually maneuver hose for final connection.
- Utilizes wrenches to bolt hose connectors together.
- Attaches reducer to hose.
- Manually lifts reducer and bolts to hose prior to coupling.
- Determines and monitors the amount of oil to be taken on the vessel from dockside or during ship lightering process.
- Communicates with barge members and dockside or ship personnel during loading process.
- Assures oil level remains within specified values for ATI, pressure, and specific gravity.
- Monitors tank indicators.
- Reads pressure gauge.
- Unscrews cap and releases stick height gauge to floating position and observes oil level.
- Utilizes MMC gun to check oil level volume in tank.
- Unscrews cap from gun base and screws in the marine moisture control gun.
- Seals off gun cap and connects ground wire.
- Reads tape and electronic monitor to determine level.
- Walks length of barge, 250 ft. to 640 ft., to carry out responsibilities.
- Steps up/over deck piping and other apparatus.
- May ascend/descent stairs/ladders.
- Ties up and breaks down vessel.
- Coils line on vessel deck.
- Throws line to dockside worker or throws line over dockside bitt.
- Attaches tow cables.
- Uses shackle and pin to shackle messenger line from barge to pennant cable of tow vessel.
- Operates anchor motor to coil line on gypsy head.
- Pulls line from gypsy head and coils on deck.
- Spots barge in preparation of movement and docking.
- May climb onto barge from tugboat at rest or while underway.
- Scales ladder rungs built into the side of the barge.
- Maintains a position on the barge to observe barge movement and signal tugboat captain.
- Operates Yokahama fendering system.
- Hand-cranks or utilizes pneumatic driver to spin winch on fender boom.
- Lowers fender between vessels and raises fender at completion of intake/discharge operation.
- Inspects barge to ensure that craft is seaworthy.
- Performs preventative maintenance as required both underway and in port.
- Greases bearings and valves, changes oil and filters, and drive motors, pumps, generators, etc.
- Logs barges movements and ports of call, and maintains records as required.
The Griffin Groupe
Director of Recruiting and Technology
Please contact me with any questions: