Company: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
Location: Galveston, TX
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation: Offered for experienced candidates
MANAGER, TERMINAL OPERATIONS
The Griffin Groupe is searching for talented professionals to join the team of one of premier clients in the maritime industry.
Directs, supervises and manages all activity carried out at Galveston Cruise Terminal (GCT) located in the Port of Galveston (POG). The position requires a strong focus on asset management, while overseeing the activities of contracted vendors and service providers to maintain a first-class facility for the benefit of the cruise line(s), their guests, and staff. The incumbent will have extensive interactions with shipboard and shoreside management teams to facilitate and coordinate the embarkation and debarkation of guests, luggage movement, provisioning and crew movements while maintaining and enforcing established requirements pertaining to health, safety, security, and the environment. This position will have three direct reports: An Assistant Terminal Manager, a Facility Maintenance Supervisor, and a Supervisor Administrative Services.
Working hand in hand with upper management, the Terminal Manager must be self-motivated, quick to adapt, with an ability to contribute to the overall success of the business unit. The employee will have varying degrees of autonomy in business decisions and has ownership in all operational activity carried out by the business unit. This employee will engage in physical terminal operations support and or lead the business goals. This employee will report to the Vice President of Galveston Operations.
• Maintain the Galveston Cruise Terminal as a world-class facility for cruise lines to conduct their services.
• Take direction from and report into Executive Management of the Business Unit
• Establish and update Business Plan as objectives might evolve
• Establish and manage the operating budget and capital requirements to optimize profitability of the Business Unit
• Establish and maintain detailed records on building and equipment to support their operation, inspection, and state-of-repair
• Plan, budget, and schedule required inspections of the facility and its systems, as recommended by manufacturers and/or mandated by regulatory bodies
• Establish procedures and protocols to verify the operational readiness of the facility and equipment to support unencumbered use and facilitate and organize needed repairs.
• Enforce and verify compliance with procedures, policies, and protocols, as well as applicable rules and regulations of regulatory bodies and authorities
• Establish procedures and protocols for operational contingencies
• Manage direct staff of an Assistant Terminal Manager, Facility Maintenance Supervisor and Supervisor Administrative Services.
• Contract and oversee janitorial, maintenance and security services
• Oversee the control of facility spare parts and consumables to facilitate the upkeep and operations
• Facilitate vessel scheduling and requests as needed.
• Oversee all reporting requirements to Client company, the Cruise Lines and Port Authority
• Nurture positive relationship with CBP, USCG and other agencies and satisfy their requirements.
• Respond to inquiries via emails or telephone.
• Collaborate, establish, and execute sustainability and improvement objectives which come to the benefit of the company and facility users
• Work with the business unit on identifying and achieving various revenue streams.
• Perform other duties as required
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• Associates Degree or greater
• 5 years Professional Maritime Operational Experience (Cruise Industry Preferred)
• Knowledge and understanding of Guest Port Services
• Knowledge and understanding of Port Operations
• Knowledge and understanding of Facility Management
• Facility Security Officer Certified (preferred but can be trained)
• Certification in Basic First Aid and CPR
• Ability to obtain TWIC and POG cards.
• Basic technical knowledge and understanding of automated systems, digital lighting, public address systems and digital displays.
• General knowledge of Microsoft software applications (Excel, Word, etc)
• Physical ability to climb steps and move about a terminal facility without restriction
• Appropriate financial acumen to formulate budgets
• Appropriate business acumen to negotiate contracts
• The ability to read and write English and to understand and interpret written procedures.
• The ability to give and receive instructions and directions and effectively present information, both orally and in writing.
• Working knowledge of computers and a variety of Microsoft software applications (Word, Excel, Calendar, etc).
• The ability to communicate tactfully, verbally and in writing.
• Excellent Customer Service skills
• Working knowledge of general Marine Port Administration procedures specifically relating to cruise operations.