Company: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
Location: Baltimore, MD
Job Type: Full Time
Industry: Transportation/ Marine Cargo
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN BALTIMORE, MD. YOU MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE (ASSISTANCE WILL BE PROVIDED).
The Griffin Groupe is searching for talented safety professionals to join the team of a premier client in the transportation and marine cargo industry. Ideal candidates must be safety experts with maritime experience.
Our client believes safety cannot be influenced from behind a desk. This position is in the field working alongside management to ensure safety risks are identified and procedure-based countermeasures to manage risks are present and functioning to effectively manage safety risks. No more than 40% of time, position is responsible for reporting. It is a continuous auditing. It is operational based meaning that when the ships are at birth working, the SSE position will be on birth making sure the operations runs safely. The position interacts with union and nonunion labor.
- Plan and manage operation personnel and resources in an efficient and cost – efficient manner.
- Manage performance, duty assignment and disciplinary action.
- Manage and plan all ship operations to the highest level of performance.
- Follow operational procedures and processes to OSHA and Corporate standards.
- Ensure safe marine operations and promote safety in all departments.
- Assist Marine Manager in day-to-day operations.
- Cross train with all departments (Yard, CFS, Rail, Gate).
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Respond to all marine e-mail request within 1 hour of request.
- Ensure accuracy of data input’s
- Timely and accurate submission of payrolls, logs, reports and required vessel paperwork.
- Maintain budgetary controls.
- Maintain vessel productivity standards.
- Work experience 3 - 5 years in maritime industry. College graduate preferred.
- Safety certifications are preferred
- Marine terminal, equipment control, and container vessel experience is preferred.
- Physical ability required to climb on equipment and cargo.
- Good communication and math skills.
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to make quick decisions in a high stress environment.
- Working knowledge of Hazardous Materials regulations.
- Working knowledge of Container vessel stowage, Office Applications, and general office equipment.
ADA REQUIREMENTS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Position requires heavy to very-heavy work, occasionally exerting 75-100 pounds of force and operating primarily in an outside environment often unprotected from elements. Significant standing, stooping, climbing, grasping, and reaching and visual acuity is required.
Note: The above responsibilities document the major levels and scope work expected of the incumbent. They are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
- Heavy use of computer systems (Container stowage systems/TOS/Network and PC applications).
- Heavy use of phone, copiers, computers, and computer printers.
- Physical work with exposure to environmental elements.
- Ability to work any combination of 24/7 shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to perform duties within stressful environments.
The Griffin Groupe
Director of Recruiting and Technology
Please contact me with any questions: