Company: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
Location: Norfolk, VA
Job Type: Full Time
Supervises and coordinates the repair, maintenance, and inspection of survival equipment such as life rafts.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Reviews production schedules and assigns workers to assure deadlines are met.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Completes raft log sheet.
- Labels raft and equipment to identify donor vessel.
- Computes estimates and actual costs for repairs and raft supplies.
- Assists and provides Sales Department with cost estimates
- May communicate with other service stations in order to provide service to vessels calling ports other than Baltimore.
- Requisitions materials and supplies.
- Monitors operations, inspects life raft to assure all repairs and equipment were completed as per work order.
- Completes and maintains records of life rafts inspected and repaired.
- Inputs computer data for billing, correspondence, inventory and ordering.
- Recommends measures to improve production and employee performance.
- Assigns tasks to technicians dependent upon experience and training.
- May inspect liferafts
- May travel to alternate locations to provide service when warranted.
- Trains workers in methods and procedures for raft repair.
- Monitors work area and equipment to assure safe working environment.
- Supervises and performs work responsibilities of raft technician
- Communicates with General Manager of Operations regarding:
- Purchasing supplies
- Maintaining surveyors classifications
- Issues with employees, vendors or customers
- scheduling and or scheduling conflicts
- Labor / Manpower issues
- Issues with vehicles or other tools or equipment or Facility
- Certifications for equipment or personnel
- 5 years experience, training on the job and certification in liferaft service and repair.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, be a self-starter and consistently communicate in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service friendly
- Strong computer experience
- Experience managing and navigating various websites/database content
- Meticulous attention to detail
The Griffin Groupe
Director of Recruiting and Technology
Please contact me with any questions: