: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
: Portland, OR
: Full Time
: Energy & Petroleum
: Assistance may be offered
SITE ENVIRONMENTAL & REGULATORY MANAGER
THIS IS A FULL-TIME POSITION LOCATED IN PORTLAND, OR - YOU MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE. RELOCATION ASSISTANCE WILL BE OFFERED TO HIGHLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES
The Griffin Groupe is sourcing talented environmental & safety professionals for our client company. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team of a rapidly growing firm in the energy industry. They are constantly investing in new ways to create opportunities for their workforce, maximize the utility of their terminals for customers, and ensure operations prioritize the environment and safety of employees and communities. Our client company is an independent logistics service provider focused on acquiring and operating logistics assets in North America. Our client has transformed into a leading midstream company, owning 24 terminals across 15 states.
Total Travel 10% Portland – 90% Focus
Company Wide - 10% Focus
The position serves as the company’s interface with multiple branches of government and regulatory bodies, as well as serving as a liaison to work in partnership with key trade organizations, business groups, and community stakeholders.
- Lead, develop, implement, and maintain all environmental, and sustainability programs, policies and procedures based on leading indicators and actions.
- Support company commercial and business development initiatives as needed.
- Provide environmental regulatory compliance guidance to senior leaders and their business teams to achieve full compliance with all federal, Oregon and local environmental laws, rules, and regulations
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with key internal stakeholders to develop effective compliance strategies
- Ensure support and compliance for construction and other business development plans
- Develops and implements public policy strategies supporting business goals and promoting positive reputational image within the local community, while assessing community needs and expectations
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex compliance issues to a broad and diverse group of professionals
- Foster a culture of transparency on environmental-related matters
- Build relationships and communicate environmental information to local community members
- Acts as liaison between the site and Local environmental regulatory agencies
- Assists with securing necessary permits and licenses for the business. Monitor compliance with permit limits and ensure timely, proactive communication is made to Operations.
- Ensure timely submissions of all reporting categories (routine, incident, follow- ups)
- Act as a key point of contact and communication with federal, state, and local regulators
- Maintain all air permit requirements.
- Maintain all Wastewater and Stormwater Permit requirements
- Gauge monitoring wells if present
- Collect stormwater samples and send to lab for analysis
- Inspect and maintain catch basins and vaults as needed
- Collect wastewater samples and send to lab for analysis