Company: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
Job Type: Full Time
Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain
CORPORATE ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY (EHS) SPECIALIST
THIS IS A REMOTE FULL TIME POSITION
This is an opportunity to join the team of one of North America's largest and fastest-growing logistics and supply chain installation companies. The Griffin Groupe is sourcing experienced EHS candidates for our client company in this exciting growth industry.
The Corporate EHS Manager will be responsible for reducing the severity and frequency of workplace accidents and injuries through our client companies at job sites across North America. Traveling to client sites will be an integral part of this job (Expected Travel is 50-75%)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics
- Work with Sales and Operations team members early in the sales process for higher risk or higher potential prospective clients to assist in identifying safety hazards, additional training needs, orientation/ screening development, and client on-boarding.
- Meet with Sales and Operation's leadership teams regularly to provide and receive feedback regarding issues relevant to their specific markets and clients as well as ongoing coaching issues with internal employees.
- Bachelor’s in safety environmental health or a related field, and a minimum of 10 years' work experience.
- The candidate must have advanced knowledge of OSHA principles, and principles surrounding safety and risk management.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is mandatory (both oral and written communication).
- Experience in warehouses is an asset.
- Strong understanding of MS office applications.
- This position requires travel within the US (and sometimes Canada). A valid Travel Passport and the ability to fly are required. Must live within reasonable driving distance of an airport.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Experience working with clients and customers required.
- High level of integrity and ability to operate with professional and confidential mannerisms.
- Capability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to interpret, comprehend, and apply legal principals and concepts.
- Quality and detail-oriented with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Exceptional leadership skills and ability to mentor and motivate (a real passion for EHS)
- Effective management skills.
- Serves as a change agent to drive process improvements and cultural change
- Must be adaptable and flexible
- Works well under pressure, effectively handles conflict, strict deadlines, and multiple tasks
The Griffin Groupe
Director of Recruiting and Technology
Please contact me with any questions: