Company: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
Location: Remote, USA
Job Type: Full Time
Industry: Chemical Manufacturing
Relocation: offered to experienced candidates
ADVANCED PROCESS ENGINEER
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Support definition, planning, and execution of assigned projects.
- Support scale up on reactors
- Serve as a process subject matter expert (SME) departmentally.
- Generate deliverables required for execution of projects/initiatives including but not limited to: project schedules, resource plans, technical specifications, and budgets; specifications for instrumentation, hardware, software, and interfaces; documentation.
- Process design & detail engineering including performing process simulations, design calculations, process optimization, sizing & selection of equipment.
- Process documents such as H&MB, process descriptions, P&ID’s, PFD’s, process specifications, equipment specifications, cause & effect diagrams, safe operating limits, shutdown philosophies, operational procedures, and functional narratives.
- Work to incorporate safety, regulatory, and environmental requirements, and lean manufacturing principles into each project as it is defined and executed.
- Lead all process safety reviews and requirements from an engineering perspective.
- Identify risks and propose mitigation strategies to ensure timely completion of projects to agreed-upon success criteria.
- Develop comprehensive and robust test plans for equipment and systems including safety features, interlocks, cause and effect matrices, etc. Ensure test plans are reviewed with stakeholders and executed rigorously. Document and archive all testing records, findings, and lessons learned.
- Track execution of projects to budget, quality and schedule objectives, identifying and promptly and proactively escalating any concerns, risks, changes or needs to project sponsor(s), stakeholders, and managers as needed.
- Collaborate frequently with internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct effective meetings, design reviews and presentations with stakeholders and customers.
- Prepare weekly summary report of activities, projects, and priorities including needs and risks for achievement of objectives to established standards and timelines.
- Perform necessary tasks and work hours needed to accomplish departmental and company goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
DEMONSTRATED ABILITY TO
- B.S. in Engineering or equivalent field. M.S in Engineering preferred
- Three or more years in related field.
- Scale up experience is required
- Experience with project management, including lean manufacturing principles.
- Experience with controls systems design and at least one controls programming suite (e.g., Delta V, Allen Bradley, etc.) is required.
- Experience with statistical process control (SPC) is strongly desired. Ability to apply statistical calculations (e.g., calculation of means, averages, ranges, standard deviations, control limits, etc.) and principles (e.g., generation of graphs, charts, pareto diagrams, etc.) is required.
- Working knowledge of computers and MS Office software. Experience with MS Project, SharePoint, Visio, and Great Plains is preferred.
- Working knowledge of arithmetic and grammar.
- To work cooperatively and supportively with a broad range of individuals with different levels of education and experience.
- To manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously with guidance on priority in order to meet established deadlines.
- Respond positively and effectively to rapidly changing priorities and departmental needs.
- Follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Work as a team and/or independently.
- Perform tasks with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
The Griffin Groupe
Director of Recruiting and Technology
Please contact me with any questions: