: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
: Grand Rapids, MI
: Full Time
: Logistics and Supply Chain
: offered to experienced candidates
: $175K+ DOE
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
This is an opportunity to join the team of one of North America's largest and fastest-growing logistics and supply chain installation companies. The Griffin Groupe is sourcing Chief Operating Officer candidates for our client company in this exciting growth industry. The Chief Operating Officer will oversee our client company’s ongoing operations and procedures. You will be responsible for the efficiency of the business, quality of service and profitability of their engagements. The COO will be a key member of the senior management team, reporting to the CEO. This position will have complete control of diverse business operations spanning several product groups.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- MBA and relevant training/ certifications
- Proven experience in COO role
- Experience leading multiple mission-critical teams
- Passion for client success and building a high-engagement culture
- Excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethic
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Leading teams of technicians, engineers and project managers across multiple business groups to fulfill customer commitments on time and on budget.
- Designing and implementing business strategies, processes and procedures with the CEO and leadership team to steer the company’s future in a positive direction.
- Developing annual and long-term Business Plans to plot the course for Operations to support the company vision.
- Measuring the effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes both internally and externally and finding ways to continually improve them.
- Establishing a delivery environment that promotes and enhances the company culture and vision.
- Performing the role of Executive Sponsor between company and client to foster customer satisfaction, ongoing trust and loyalty.
- Partnering with the other leadership teams such as IT, Sales, Marketing, Finance, etc.
- Supporting a priority of compliance, safety and employee health at all times.
- Setting comprehensive goals for performance and growth and then evaluating operational performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Assisting CEO in capital raising ventures and cash management.
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances, etc.).
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Experience in managing relationships with capital markets will be a plus
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities with dedication to integrity and compliance
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus