Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
Las Vegas, NV
- Active Directory
- Storage - EqualLogic
- Virtualization – VMware/docker
- Backups and Replication - Veeam
- Networking – DELL, Fortinet
- Firewall - Fortinet
- System, Network, and Security Monitoring – PDQ/Zabbix/Graylog
- Hardware and Software Maintenance
- Web Servers – IIS/Apache
- Documentation - Confluence
- Helpdesk - Spiceworks
- Reporting – Phocas
- ERP – Epicor Eclipse
- Install, administrate and maintain infrastructure including virtualization, networking, firewalls, databases, and security infrastructure.
- Actively monitor infrastructure and systems for problems, security concerns, or intrusions. Respond to issues in a timely manner.
- Administrate and ensure workstations are fast, reliable, and secure for all employees.
- Create, monitor, and verify backups of critical business systems and data.
- Regularly probe and determine areas of opportunity to improve security or reliability of systems, infrastructure, and processes.
- Author and edit policies, procedures, documentation and guidelines.
- Respond to and resolve helpdesk requests.
- 5+ years of experience in Windows and Linux System Administration
- 3+ years of experience with Networking and Storage systems
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft Exchange Administration
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Databases
- Experience with Epicor Eclipse highly desirable
- Experience in warehousing and distribution industry is desirable
- Experience with writing PowerShell, python, or shell scripting is preferred
- Knowledge of security best practices regarding PCI strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Periodically throughout the day check Zabbix for alerts
- Review status of backup jobs – do any tape rotations for the day
- Check Graylog for any systems with unusual activity
- Review firewall for any unusual or malicious activity
- Check antivirus software for any detected threats
- Check the current threat landscape online
- Ensure that weekly full backup is completed and validated
- Make any changes according to latest threats
- Archive last full backup of the month on tape
- Install security updates to all systems
- Spot check and test backups to guarantee they can still recover valid data
- Update and document any recent networking or infrastructure changes
- Check status of upcoming SSL/TLS certificate expirations
- Vulnerability scan entire network
- PCI Compliance
- Update policy and procedures
- Penetration testing
- Test against any changes made to environment to verify still PCI compliant
- Fill out the annual questionnaire and attestation
- Review tasks and projects completed
- Roadmap the next several years of projects