: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
: Longwood, FL
: Full Time
: Manufacturing (Electronic Components)
: Market Rate
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT ENGINEERING MANAGER
The Griffin Groupe is seeking highly experienced engineering professionals for a valued client in the electronic components manufacturing industry. This role works to ensure our client remains on the cutting edge of their industry in developing new, innovative and profitable technologies.
The successful Research & Development Engineering Manager will have the key skills to coordinate our client’s engineering team to create novel approaches to old problems through the development of new manufacturing techniques and materials.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Masters degree in Chemical Engineering or Materials Science
- Experience with polymeric materials, film manufacturing and vacuum deposition
- 10 years of proven leadership experience
- Extensive research and development experience
- Great communication skills (ability to present to team as well as stakeholders)
Create and lead an effort to explore and evaluate alternative dielectric types and novel capacitor constructions eventually manufacturing small scale prototype/demonstration units and finally transitioning the best candidate to small scale production.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Creative, charismatic leader with the ability to think “out of the box”
- Masters of Science degree in fields related to Chemical Engineering or Materials Science
- five (5) to ten (10) years relevant experience in a research and development environment
- Familiarity with polymeric materials, film manufacturing and/or vacuum deposition is a plus.
- Ability to network/interface with government agencies and universities to identify funding opportunities and prepare applications/proposals for funding.
- Strong communicator with the ability to prepare written reports and presentations to senior managers and potential end-users of candidate technologies.
- Create and lead a small, dedicated team investigating novel approaches to old problems either through new manufacturing techniques or materials.
- Set up an in-house working laboratory, laying out and conducting methodical experiments/trials to achieve objectives/milestones.
- Staying informed of related prior and current relevant scientific and technical developments.
- Willing to travel as required, either to investigate equipment or present findings.
- Plan, direct, or coordinate engineering activities and engineering teams.
- Present and explain proposals, reports, and findings to clients.
- Consult or negotiate with clients to prepare project specifications.
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.