|Job title: Field Application Engineer (Capacitors)
|Work Location: Orlando, FL + travel w/i region
|Division/Department: Sales & Marketing
|Reports to: BDM for Business Unit
Desire a career path in sales/marketing/business development.
- Adept in technical knowledge as well as business skills.
- Take full ownership of all pre-sales and post sales activities.
- The FAE is required to develop skills on his current product features, tools and design flows and facilitate adoption of these solutions with a variety of customer systems.
- FAE is expected to remove technical barriers to a sale and help close business.
- Demonstrate expertise in the business technology.
- Consult the clients through the process of design, testing and building on re-engineering and new product development projects.
- Interact closely with the leading technology vendors to understand the new technologies/architectures being rolled out.
- Proactively come up with Proof-Of-Concept (POC) designs for various use-cases/real-time applications leveraging the latest tools and technologies available.
- Assist the sales team through the pre-sales and post-sales activities
- Conduct trainings for clients on latest tools & technologies (as & when needed)
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ Experience
- Technologies/Products: An FAE must be aware and proficient across all popular technologies/tools relevant to his domain
- Market trends/intelligence: A deep insight into the market trends and competition is essential for the role. An FAE is expected to leverage the market intelligence while consulting the clients on their product designs
- Sales: An FAE must understand the nuances that drive the sales and procurement decisions. He/She needs to understand the technical needs of the customer and suggest a solution accordingly in the pre-sales period.
- Post-sales, the FAE must enable the customer with training on the tools and technical support (as and when required).
- Short Lead Time: At times a FAE is expected to explore a newer design or deliver training at a very short notice. He/She must be patient and handle pressure well.
- Build Expertise: Build on the knowledge & expertise gained from the previous projects to build better designs and POCs.Possessing sound technical knowledge is of utmost importance in this field. Also, it is essential to be able to strategically and effectively communicate to customers. Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills along with the willingness to travel.
- Intermediate ISO knowledge.
- Position requires the ability to travel.