Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive SearchLocation:
Kirkland, WAJob Type:
Available for experienced candidates
Magnetics Production Engineer
The Griffin Groupe is sourcing magnetics production engineer professionals for a valued international manufacturing client. Our client is a global manufacturer of custom inductors, transformers and capacitors for high technology applications seeks a creative and enthusiastic engineer who will help develop specialized assembly processes including BOMs, manufacturing instructions, special verification tests and provide other engineering expertise. This engineer will evaluate components from domestic and international suppliers and troubleshoot problems as needed to meet customer delivery requirements.
The preferred candidate will have the following attributes:
- BS Engineering or Natural Sciences
- Five to ten years of experience
- Strong technical base in
- circuit components including inductors, resistors, capacitors, and transformers
- circuit analysis methods
- electrical instruments including DMM, DSO, power meters, network analyzers, programmable automatic test fixtures
- basic Electromagnetic Theory
- effective hands on methods to identify root cause and implement corrective action
- MS Excel, Solidworks, PSpice, MathCad, or other equivalent software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong leadership to motivate production employees
- Ability to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment leveraging critical thinking skills
- Experience in manufacturing processes related to electro-mechanical assembly including soldering, lead assembly and molding (encapsulation) is desired.
The successful candidate will have a background in design of broadband transformers and magnetic for switching power supplies and experience in design to develop, test and investigate properties that affect electrical aspects of a new or modified magnetic products. Will establish model and project costs and maintain a constant interfacing with projects from design through production. Should also have and in-depth knowledge of transformer design. Three years’ experience in the magnetic industry strongly preferred.