: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
: Danville, VA
: Full Time
: Chemical Manufacturing
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Lead site Safety and Health programs, including providing coaching and guidance to supervisors and employees at all levels.
- Manage and provide guidance and leadership for site safety committee and subcommittees
- Manage the following site-wide programs:
- Site-wide safety meetings
- Behavior Based Safety Observation / Employee involvement programs
- Emergency Response, including serving as an Incident Commander for emergency incidents.
- Permit to Work programs, including Hot Work, Confined Space, Lock Out Tag Out, and Fall Protection.
- Incident investigation and root cause analysis, including communication with Workers’ Compensation provider and medical professionals
- Ergonomics, including conducting assessments and implementing solutions
- Industrial Hygiene, including planning, conducting and documenting sampling and working with medical professionals to ensure compliance with applicable protocols.
- Contractor safety
- Electrical programs, including NFPA 70-E
- Conduct or coordinate employee and contractor training, including regulatory required training, proper use of safety equipment, hazard recognition, and new employee training.
- Participate in Process Hazard Analysis and other risk management discussions
- Assist with site Process Safety Management (PSM), Risk Management Program (RMP), ISO 9001 and 14001, and ChemStewards programs
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current policies, regulations, and industry standards, including OSHA, ANSI, NFPA, and other applicable standards and guidelines.
- Assist in writing / revising Plant Safety Work Instructions/Procedures/Policies
- Inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure compliance with recognized standards and industry best practice.
- Participate in plans and specifications for construction of new machinery or equipment to determine if all safety requirements have been met.
- Bachelor of Chemical/Mechanical Engineering or Safety related degree
- Minimum 10 years' experience working in a process environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Present and communicate at all levels within the business
- Devise and implement Safety related program, policies and procedures
- Data analysis and problem-solving skills
- Team Player with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Execute projects as part of a team, as a team leader, or independently
- Proven self-starter with urgency for delivering results
- Experience in the following skill sets are preferred:
- Chemical Manufacturing processes
- Professional certification (ASP, CSP, CIH, or similar)
- Behavioral Based Safety/Employee Involvement Safety Programs
- Safety and Health Management Systems
- PSM, RMP, SOCMA ChemStewards
- Training in Ergonomics, Industrial Hygiene, OSHA, NFPA and ANSI Standards to ensure full compliance with these requirements