Company: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
Location: Christ Church, Barbados
Job Type: Full Time
Industry: Media Distribution
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
---- PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A PERMANENT PLACEMENT POSITION LOCATED IN BARBADOS. RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS OFFERED ----
Our Client is an online media distribution business that owns and operates subscriber-based multimedia content platforms. These platforms distribute digital content such as movies, music, video games and e-books.
They offer an awesome array of benefits including housing allowance, quarterly bonuses, medical benefits, in-house doctor, complimentary breakfast and more.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- 6+ Running Scrum in an agile environment
- Excellent communication and organization
- Strong technical experience as a software dev or architect
We are looking for a strong leader and advocate for the adoption of Agile Methodology. An Agile Coach must be assertive about adherence to the Agile processes and enthusiastic about Agile practices and their benefits. In this role you will be both an educator and a coach, and thus you must possess great interpersonal skills, teaching abilities, and a capacity to inspire and motivate.
- Scheduling and facilitating key agile ceremonies, such as stand-ups, product demos, retrospectives and planning;
- Supporting the team to identify roadblocks that prevent the team from delivering on their initiatives;
- Help the team to minimize noise that prevents them from meeting their sprint commitments;
- Facilitates discussion between the team and the Product Owners to collaborate on creation and estimation of user stories;
- Increase the team’s agile fluency through coaching the team to embrace and embed lean and agile practices in their work
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution;
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information;
- Enable the team to become self-organized and empowered teams that consistently deliver on their sprint commitments;
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years running scrum in an agile environment;
- Technical background in a digital/web environment;
- Strong technical expertise, preferably as a software developer or architect;
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification an asset;
- Thorough understanding of Agile software development methodologies, values, and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types;
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills;
- Ability to coach the team to reach their highest potential, and champion change;
- Experience working in complex, multi-project, multi-team environments;
- You take ownership of whatever project you're working on and feel accountable for the results;
- Self-confidence to be assertive when taking a position and can constructively resolve problems;
- A passion and commitment to your own personal development;
- Creative, resourceful and innovative at tackling complex challenges;
- Approachable and willing to offer helpful solution;
- Possess a get-it-done attitude.
Teaching, Scrum, Lean Manufacturing, Coaching, Communication, Agile Methodologies, Project Estimation, Conflict Resolution, Software Development, Leadership