Company: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
Location: Yuma, AZ
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Relocation Offered for Skilled Candidates
Data Center Administrator
The Griffin Groupe is currently seeking a senior level systems administrator for a valued client in the Government Services Industry.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Responsibilities include design, planning, deployment, and integration of equipment and technology in a data center environment.
- The position requires working knowledge of Microsoft servers, experience with virtual environments, backup, and storage systems located in both unclassified and classified networks. Knowledge and application of both ITIL Service Management, Data Center best practices, and DoD regulations is essential.
- The position requires resolution of customer service requests and incidents, executing change orders, applying updates, implementing security measures, and documentation of Data Center processes and procedures.
- The position also supports IT project system implementation and deployments along with Data Center operations and maintenance (O&M).
- The incumbent must have excellent written and oral communication skills, superior customer service skills, be well organized, ability to prioritize tasks, work independently or on a project team, and a desire to learn and work with new technologies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
- Must have a valid driver's license, without special restrictions.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to obtain a secret security clearance prior to hire and maintain it through employment with our client.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a Data Center environment, enterprise class network, Information Management, or support of a client/server environment.
- Bachelor of Science degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience with server virtualization and server clustering.
- CompTIA Security+ certification required within six months of hire.
- MCITP Certification is required within six months of hire.
- Must be capable of working a flexible schedule.
- Occasional weekend and night shifts will be required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Able to create and maintain documentation of duties and assignments as required.
- Works well individually and in a team environment.
- Must be able to work in a data center environment.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical.
- Must be ab le to work in an office setting and occasionally perform work outdoors.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs, talk, hear and see.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Experience working with SAN and NAS storage equipment.
- Deployment, administration, and support of Linux Operating Systems.
- Experience with DOD STIGS for server operating systems.
- PMI Project Management experience.
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certified.
- Network+ certified, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with configuration of Fiber Channel fabric.