: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
: Pomona, CA
: Full Time
: Engineering & Construction
: Commensurate with Experience
Director: Finance, Administration, and Controls
This is a management position for a valued client in the Engineering & Construction industry and is responsible for financial oversight for an assigned Region as well as a Line of Business. This oversight includes, but is not limited to financial reporting, management of financial administrative support, fiscal forecasting, financial analysis, regional audit activities, cost control activities and various compliance activities. This position also has responsibility as a liaison between the assigned region and various corporate functions as required. With respect to the governance responsibilities described below, this position has a matrixed reporting relationship to the Corporate V-P of Finance.
This position requires strong financial and administrative management skills and the ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization and to external stakeholders and customers.
Direct reports include the Regional Controls Manager; Claims Manager, Procurement Manager, and Director of Assets.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Active CPA license
- BS in Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Construction or related
- 10 years of advanced management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to effectively present ideas to team, management and stakeholders
- Extremely process/ detail oriented
- Big Four experience a plus
Provides a strong internal control environment and produces accurate and timely financial reporting to Regional and Corporate Management.
- Acts as the primary regional interface to various corporate functions on financial, procurement, administrative and information systems matters, providing a strong internal control environment and producing accurate and timely financial reporting for Regional and Corporate Management.
- Manages Regional Financial Management Services, Claims, Procurement (and Warehouse Function), Insurance and Asset departments which satisfy expected service levels and cost expectations of Corporate Management, the Region’s Executive Management, Line of Business Vice Presidents and Project Managers.
- Establishes and maintains an effective administrative capability in support of regional performance, efficiency and profitability goals.
- Manages budgeting and forecasting processes to ensure adequate financial, fleet and people resources are in place to meet performance and financial objectives.
- Delivers timely and accurate financial analysis to enhance and support effective and profitable business outcomes.
Manages Regional Services (Financial Management, Claims, Procurement, Insurance and Assets) which satisfies expected service levels and cost expectations of the Region’s Line of Business Managers and Project Managers.
- Implement and maintain an effective system of financial internal controls, monitor compliance with policies and procedures, and implement improvements as needed.
- Support corporate audit function to ensure adequacy of internal controls for financial transactions.
- Manage the billing process and credit and collections to maximize cash flow.
- Manage formal Purchase Order process and other Company procurement procedures.
- Assure effective implementation of the Work Order System (WOS) for all customer contracts, and provide training and oversight as required.
- Review project set up and cost tracking with operations groups at the project level.
- Coordinate with project teams on the negotiating and approving of change orders, and assists with billing/collection issues.
- Review Earned Value reports, and report on potential financial risk on projects. (e.g., cost over- runs)
- Regularly communicate the status of regional financial performance to management and vested stakeholders.
- Coordinate with other Company financial personnel to ensure consistency in financial reporting across - lines of business and Regions.
- Actively participate in all monthly Project Status Review meetings.
- Develop, implement and maintain all required weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting.
- Ensure project cost and revenue budgets are accurate for use in calculating backlog and revenue recognition
- Manage customer and regulatory requests for audits in conjunction with corporate management.
Establish and maintain an effective administrative capability in support of regional performance, efficiency and profitability goals
- Management of Regional Office Managers / Line of Business Controllers and their direct reports, (and key leaders of the Regional, Claims, Procurement, Insurance and Asset Departments.
- In conjunction with the regional Continuous Improvement (CI) platform, develop and implement process improvements and best practices across all lines of business and regional offices to improve operational effectiveness.
- Measure, monitor and direct the progress of work relative to identified goals for timeliness, efficiency, and customer orientation.
- Coordinate the review of Contracts, Subcontracts, Insurance certificate requests and PO’s for compliance with company requirements.
- Create and implement strategies to reduce costs through the efficient use of shared services.
Manages budgeting and forecasting processes to ensure adequate financial, assets and people resources are in place to meet performance and financial objectives.
- Support Project Management Methodology by providing strong project level controls and providing the appropriate project-level financial and administrative staffing and training
- Develop, implement and manage regional administrative policies and procedures and ensure consistency across all lines of business and all regional offices Actively participate in the development of staff, taking a significant role in charting the career advancement of subordinates to ensure they reach their full potential.
- Support a culture where core values are the foundation of how clients, employees, vendors and subcontractors all work together in the attainment of regional business goals
- Ensure all direct reports are engaged in and embrace Our Client’s Safety Culture.
- Monitor department productivity against current project and business needs, and forecast staffing needs to ensure optimization of resources. Establish and monitor training and mentoring programs for financial and support staff.
Delivers timely and accurate financial analysis to enhance and support effective and profitable business outcomes.
- Manage budgeting and forecasting process.
- Ensure visibility of backlog of work-in-progress and of upcoming opportunities, to facilitate resource planning.
- Support annual capital expenditures budget and the disposition of assets.
- Financial ownership of annual equipment replacement and additions budget.
- Participates in the review of proposals and estimates to ensure reasonable Overhead cost assumptions are utilized.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Provide status of regional financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Provide recommendations and advice to region’s senior management regarding improvements to financial performance.
- Develop large project Financial Profiles with actual versus budget on cost components.
- Monitor weekly job cost reports and provide variance reports and recommendations.
- Develop pro-forma overhead calculations in support of large project proposals.
- Develop detailed strategic plans of various initiatives as directed by regional or corporate management.
- Coordinate real estate issues for the region in conjunction with the Corporate Facilities Director.
- BS in accounting, finance or related business, engineering, or construction disciplines
- CPA strongly preferred
- Advanced Management Skills
- Finance/Accounting Acumen
- Listening, mentoring and constructive feedback skills
- Exceptional Organizational Ability
- Project/Process Management Skills
- Strong Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Customer Relations
- Talent Development
- Financial Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Strong Ethics and Integrity