Company: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Remote, USA
The Griffin Groupe is searching for talented logistics and distribution engineers to assist with exciting supply chain projects for one of the top pharma companies in the world. This is an opportunity to work with a company focused on logistics that has invested nearly $1 Billion dollars in their supply chain projects in the last 10 years.
Under direction of a project manager, project director or senior project engineer, the project engineer is responsible for facility engineering project support. Projects relate to the design, build, and improvement of our client’s distribution facilities and processes. Assignments may span one or more components of a project, and one or more projects. Assignments may range in size, complexity, and cross functional involvement.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Supports project managers and directors in the development and implementation of material handling systems, operational processes and new facilities or building renovations.
- Works closely with project manager and/or director to assist in the development of project charters.
- May assist in the preparation of capital expenditure requests for projects.
- Works closely with project manager or senior project engineer to manage assigned project scope according to the guidelines established in the project charter. Project elements may include material handling equipment, warehouse and business systems, building construction or modification and other equipment and services typically found within a distribution environment.
- Assigned duties may include data analytics, development of design criteria, performing simulation, development of requests for proposals, vendor evaluation, AutoCAD 2D layouts, and site coordination activities including construction oversight, testing, and issue resolution.
- May be assigned multiple areas of scope.
- May require cross-functional coordination with other internal teams and external resources.
- Develops and maintains engineering documentation including standard operating procedures, and DC as built drawings.
- Provides objective, engineering insight into operational and business process change evaluations
- May manage and report on budget for assigned scope.
- May issue purchase orders according to company policy.
- May develop, maintain, and report on timelines for assigned scope.
- May require cross-functional coordination with other internal teams and vendors.
- Generates timely and concise communication regarding task status and pending issues.
- Supports in the development of supplier specifications and RFP’s.
- May manage engagement with external consultants and other outsourced resources and vendors that perform work associated with the assigned project scope.
- Coordinates activities with project director or sr. project manager and other internal project teams to ensure alignment.
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Engineering
- Experience using simulation tools such as Enterprise Dynamics (preferred), Llamasoft, FlexSim, AutoMod, or Arena Experience in engineering, logistics, supply chain or a similar field
- Experience working in a team environment 3+ years of directly related and progressively responsible experience obtained through previous employment, internships, Co-Op, and applicable senior design projects
- Prior experience in consulting, distribution operations, simulation, or systems integration is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding and experience performing engineering tasks in projects related to warehouse operations, warehouse design, warehouse and business systems, process improvement and standardization, and/or engineered labor standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; ability to communicate (and work) effectively with people from different technical and business backgrounds, acting as a liaison, understanding and appreciating different perspectives and translating into terms necessary for any group or individual to understand.
- Good analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills to evaluate business problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Shows tactful discretion with difficult/sensitive information.
- Strong presentation skills, ability to present and discuss technical information in a manner that establishes rapport, persuades others, and establishes understanding for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently.
- Proficiency with engineering tools such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, Access databases, Word, SIMIO or other simulation software and AutoCAD.
The Griffin Groupe
Director of Recruiting and Technology
Please contact me with any questions: