Company: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Houston, TX
Relocation: May be offered to strong candidates
Rate: $140K+ Bonus and Benefits
The Griffin Groupe is searching for safety professionals for a premier client in the engineering & construction industry. Our client is a leading construction firm providing critical infrastructure throughout North America.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
This position will develop an overarching safety program for the organization to include policies and procedures that meet OSHA, DOT and other applicable requirements. This position will facilitate the implementation, management, and monitoring of the organization's safety program and training requirements. The Safety Director will evaluate the organization’s procedures, facilities, and equipment by conducting inspections to identify unsafe conditions and to ensure that effective safeguards and solutions are in place. This position is responsible for workplace incident and accident investigations. This position ensures the compliance with all current safety regulations and that all employees are aware of safety requirements and prepared to follow safety procedures.
- MS in Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Environmental Sciences
- 10 years manager safety role
- Certifications – CSP, CHST, CIH, etc
- 5 years of experience in construction field
- Excellent knowledge of regulatory environment, process and procedures
- Experience implementing a safety program in a AAA organization
- Strong communication skills and ability to present to management team
- Prepare monthly or annual safety reports and present information to management, frequently communicating with company executives to keep them apprised of pertinent issues and new or revised regulations.
- Perform and oversee all investigations of accidents, injuries, near-misses, and unsafe working conditions.
- Plan and implement programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, safe equipment operating techniques and fire prevention for job sites and office.
- Manage safety compliance within the LMS system.
- Provide recommendations and assistance to Branch Managers and Leaders, with respect to job site hazards, employee training, new/safe equipment operation and safe material or substance utilization.
- Collaborate with management to establish and manage the safety department budget.
- Represent the organization in community or industry safety groups and programs.
- Review site logistics as future projects plans are considered and advise on safety aspects.
- Order safety equipment, safety supplies and first aid supplies and distribute to managers, supervisors and employees as needed.
- Prepare weekly safety topics and ensure that weekly site safety meetings are properly documented.
- Create, implement, and manager a Safety Reward program for sites
- Bachelors Degree in occupational health, environmental science, industrial hygiene, and safety or relevant field required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Attained or will obtain a Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Construction Health or Safety Technician (CHST)
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Safety Director or equivalent working in technical, trade, construction or CDL industry
- Ability to develop, implement and enforce safety programs and protocols.
- Knowledge of federal, state, local, and industry specific safety regulations, protocols and/or procedures.
- Technical knowledge of OSHA, PHMSA, MSHA, DOT, and Worker’s Compensation Regulations.
- Experience using Outlook, MS Office and LMS systems.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus
- Strong background in safety with a proven record of results.
- Ability to drive a strong safety philosophy and implement constructive behavior changes in transportation safety.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ensure accurate and on-going management of training data using an LMS
- Proven ability to initiate and effectively implement new processes
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment
- Participates in special projects as needed.
- Able to uphold high levels of discretion and confidentiality
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
The Griffin Groupe
Director of Recruiting and Technology
Please contact me with any questions: