Company: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Tijuana, MX
Relocation: Offered to experienced candidates
Rate: $90 - 110K + Benefits
The Griffin Groupe is searching for talented manufacturing professionals to join our client company’s team in the manufacturing industry. Our client company is one of the top signage manufacturers in the USA with many exciting projects in their portfolio.
- Overall profitability of the production and installation phases of the manufacturing process.
- Ensure materials are ordered well in advance in order to meet customer timelines.
- Schedule jobs and labor to ensure customer timelines are met.
- Responsible for the safety of the production and installation teams.
- Monitor staffing levels to ensure they can meet capacity demands.
- Collaborate with design engineering to make sure production drawings are per your most efficient methods and standards.
- Develop new methods to improve profitability, quality, efficiency, product development, and technology.
- Daily scheduling of departmental jobs
- Planning execution of jobs with operations team by directing and leading a team of hourly members
- Comprehending work orders, shop drawings, bill of material, and narratives and clearly communicating the information to employees
- Gaining commitments by reviewing hourly expectations of what is required to be fabricated/assembled each day
- Managing estimated versus actual hours
- Controlling departmental inventory for product on shop floor
- Reducing the amount of rework from the department
- Understanding and evaluating of fabrication methods for maximum efficiency
- Interacting with Operations Manager to assure clear communication and maximum job throughput
- Participating member of the safety team
- Maintaining LEAN and continuous improvement
- Implementing a team concept into fabrication to help problem solve and improve on efficiency
- Managing employees to ensure they are performing to expectations to which they have committed
- Being visible and accessible on the shop floor throughout each day to field employee questions and monitor job progress
- Hiring and training employees
- Completing annual performance reviews and disciplinary action when needed
- Any other work assigned by the Operations Manager
- Training provided by the operations team
- Work conditions consist primarily of manufacturing environment
- Success in a manufacturing role with diverse responsibilities dealing with, but not limited to service, inventory, purchasing, costing, sales, freight and OSHA.
- Manufacturing experience in a graphics, custom metal/wood shop or manufacturing
- Ability to train and lead others
- Experience in driving lean manufacturing initiatives
- Proven ability to develop collaborative relationships and influence up, down, across organizational lines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office: Word, Excel and Access
The Griffin Groupe
Director of Recruiting and Technology
Please contact me with any questions: