Company: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
Job Type: Full Time
Industry: Green Energy
Rate: $120-160K + Bonus + Benefits
The Griffin Groupe is searching for talented green energy professionals to join our client company’s team. Project Developer responsible for project development life cycle from site origination to commercial operation. The Project Developer will work with multiple project partners (internal & external), including utilities, landowners, investors, developers, engineers, and community stakeholders.
The ideal candidate is an organized and seasoned solar developer with direct experience leading transactions and developing solar projects. The project developer must be an innovative thinker, fast-learner, collaborative worker, and self-starter with a passion for the renewable energy industry and track record of success thriving in a high growth environment.
The project developer will lead the origination and development of ground, rooftop, carport solar and other types of commercial and industrial-scale energy projects. While solar plus battery projects are the most common, our client company will pursue all forms of energy commercial and industrial-scale energy projects.
- Responsible for all phases of solar project development, from origination to start of construction. Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for project development from site acquisition through to contracting, financing and handover to construction.
- Effective communication with project stakeholders and community members to facilitate project permitting and other initiatives.
- Manage land acquisition efforts including site suitability, third-party land agents, landowner engagement and contract negotiation.
- Crafting a compelling value proposition that reflects avoided cost, load profile, applicable tariffs, and layered revenue streams
- Conduct state, federal, and local permitting efforts and approval processes for projects.
- Manage projects through the interconnection process, working with in-house engineers and 3rd party consultants to optimize project designs.
- Support of internal finance, engineering, and construction teams to facilitate successful project financing and construction.
- Provide project due diligence and development recommendations, as needed.
- Undertake critical reviews of third-party reports.
- Build strong working relationships both internally and externally.
- Effectively manage sub-contractors to ensure on time and on budget deliverables.
- Own development budgets and schedules.
- Manage and coordinate multiple projects and work efforts with other team members in an organized manner.
- Gather market intelligence and continuously strive to be an industry leading thinker.
- Travel as required; some evening and weekend work required.
- The ideal candidate must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, hands-on, results-oriented, and a team player. Key qualifications as follows:
- 5+ years of experience in power plant, solar or real estate development, with 2+ years of solar business development.
- Demonstrable experience successfully negotiating transactions and closing deals.
- Sophisticated understanding of the environmental and utility regulatory environment.
- Experience managing development budgets and processes.
- Rigorous attention to detail, work ethic, personal responsibility, work product ownership and organizational skills.
- Strong business development acumen and exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to resolve time-sensitive issues with precision.
- Understanding and familiarity with title matters, land use, land (ALTA) surveys, GIS and other real estate development activities.
- Driven, resourceful and comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Energy, real estate, engineering, or business-related master's degree is a plus.
- If you don't meet 100% of the above qualifications, but see yourself contributing, please apply.
The Griffin Groupe
Director of Recruiting and Technology
Please contact me with any questions: