Company: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Millbury, MA
Available to Qualified Candidates
This Quality Engineer has the responsibility for assuring that the Millbury facility functions to the full extent of their stated quality management system. The Quality Engineer requires active participation within the plant operations team and will require daily interaction with customers, suppliers, management and skilled labor. In addition, the incumbent will provide technical service and trouble-shooting on customer issues and lead continuous improvement projects. The incumbent is a degreed professional with a solid background in manufacturing, process and quality engineering.
- Evaluate manufacturing problems, product non-conformances, and customer complaints to determine trends as opportunities for improving manufacturing and product performance.
- Identify and analyze deviations from established company quality systems and ensure corrective action is implemented.
- Manage the site’s control plans and workmanship standards for all active products in our client’s internal ERP system.
- Manage the site’s customer specification database and ensure that all revisions are reviewed and kept current. Also assist in managing the document control process at the site.
- Contribute to ongoing customer satisfaction by analyzing concerns, feedback and returns and implementing corrective action plans to correct root cause. Root cause investigations may either occur at the factory or at the customer site.
- Participate in the NCR and MRB processes and maintain the corrective and preventive action database.
- Assist in the management of the contract review process on new customer orders to ensure adherence to customer specifications and special PO requirements.
- Assist the engineering team in maintaining the management of change process within the QMS.
- Develop, implement and document Quality Assurance Systems and Applications; such as ISO / AS requirements.
- Develop and document test methods for manufactured composite materials, polymers, fabrics and fibers.
- Train Quality Technicians in the performance of Mechanical, Physical and Chemical testing.
- Review Test data for accuracy and adherence to material specifications.
- Coordinate, organize and conduct internal and external Quality System Audits.
- Take ownership for the continuous reduction in the Cost of Quality metrics.
- Promote continuous improvement through coaching, facilitating and training in the use of quality tools such as SPC and Six Sigma.
- In some cases the Quality Engineers may also have supervisory responsibilities for some of the technicians. Not all Quality Engineers at the site will have this responsibility.
- Any other duties assigned by manager that may be relevant to the success of the business.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a quality role in the Composite and / or Polymers field or related industry.
- Experience in aerospace quality systems including knowledge of AS9100, preferred but not required
- Experience in QC testing methods and aerospace specifications
- Experience using statistical process control tools
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook applications