Company: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
Location: Oswego, OR
Job Type: Full Time
Industry: Electronics Manufacturing
Rate: $130-145K Salary + Bonus + Benefits
Relocation: Offered for experienced candidates
The Griffin Groupe is searching for talented professionals to join our client company’s team at a premier electronics manufacturing operation.
Manage all sourcing functions to ensure availability of materials in the supply chain to meet production and shipment requirements in a timely manner. Identify and manage domestic and international suppliers, conduct contract negotiations and performance monitoring.
- Work closely with suppliers on continuous improvements to identify, qualify, and implement global sources for manufacture of Our client company products to meet cost, quality, and lead time objectives.
- Identify new suppliers to support new product introductions and secondary supplier initiatives and negotiates agreements.
- Lead department to develop forecasts for future demand and place orders in a timely fashion based upon vendor lead-time. Proactively address material issues and concerns.
- Manage relocation of product manufacturing processes from Our client company or from one vendor to another to ensure continuous delivery of quality products.
- Reports on parts/material status, including shortages and makes recommendations on resolution.
- Define, monitor, and evaluate supplier performance metrics and score cards, and hold suppliers accountable for delivering quality products, materials, and services.
- Run MRP and reviews for accuracy. Conduct a detailed MRP review for critical components.
- Track, analyze, and develop action plans for department key performance indicators such as on-time delivery & inventory levels, etc.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, leadership team and department heads to understand business needs. Establish requirements, scope, and criteria for procurement projects.
- Provide direction, management, and coaching to the Procurement team to encourage professional growth & development.
- Recommends cost reducing design or sourcing changes
- Tracks actual vs. planned cost of goods
- Stays current on changes in global conditions which could affect the cost, quality, lead time, or GSA status of our products
- Analyzes excess and obsolete inventory.
- Determines future component spend.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- Will travel internationally to qualify sources and develop relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Sourcing certification preferred (APICS/CPIM).
- 7+ years of relevant supply chain and logistics management required.
- 5 years direct experience identifying and successfully qualifying and managing international suppliers.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook
- Data-base management experience including MRP systems
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Solid experience managing supply chain for electronic components.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and creative problem solving
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to encourage and get results through mentoring and empowering others.
The Griffin Groupe
Director of Recruiting and Technology
Please contact me with any questions: