Company: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job Type: Full Time
Senior Safety Engineer / Consultant (Semiconductor, hi-tech manufacturing sector)
Are you looking to join a dynamic global industry leader that can boast nearly 120 years of excellence, growth, and continuing innovation? Do you hold yourself to the highest of standards? If yes, then we would love to hear from you.
The Griffin Groupe is seeking an experienced Senior Safety Engineering Consultant in the Northern California Bay Area for our client company. This is not a project-based role, we are looking for Safety leaders who want to join our client company’s team on a full-time basis. Expectations include a passion for management of projects, manage and mentor staff, and provide exceptional service to clients. This exciting position has niche technical consulting responsibilities, so we are looking for a unique individual who has technical EHS&S expertise in Safety Engineering, specifically within semiconductor manufacturing environments. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record with 5-10 yrs. of safety engineering experience.
Our client company offers a competitive salary, group-sponsored health and dental, short-term and long-term disability, a company-matched 401k plan, company paid life insurance, 11 paid holidays and 4 weeks paid time off.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Work on complex safety projects reviewing design drawings and providing feedback on design for safety for new construction and tool installation for our clients
- Develop and implement safety programs including hazardous energy control, confined space, fall protection, etc.
- Work with cross functional engineering teams to manage risk
- Perform walkthroughs, audits, tool inspections, tool signoffs for installation, and other safety activities
- Perform EHS training as needed
- Work effectively to integrate EHS into the fabric and culture of any outsource position. Leverage safety and health program to build morale and increase productivity of the employees and the operation. Builds effective working relationships with onsite teams, subcontractors and vendors onsite.
- Performs project management and internal customer management for multiple clients and helps organize staff schedules.
- Work with business development team to participate in introductory meetings specifically with clients with safety needs as a technical expert.
- Develops opportunities, including estimating work scope and price, writing proposals, following up on contacts and meetings, attending conferences and other marketing events.
- May manage a group of staff members.
- Mentor other consultants in their specialty areas.
- Identify new hires, participate in the interview process, and assist in hiring decision.
- Overall understanding and experience in Safety for Design Services in the Pacific Northwest Area
- Semi-Conductor experience is required
- Undergraduate degree in EHS or related field; Master's degree is a plus
- 5-10 + years of related experience, preferably in a consulting firm Highly organized and self- motivated Critical thinking ability
- CSP (desirable)
- EHS program development
- Design for Safety project management
- Develop and deliver EHS training
- Experience evaluating safety in engineering design systems and implementing solutions to manage risk.
- Comfortable working with cross-functional business streams and executive level stakeholders.
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and program management skills
- Strong data analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Drive to forge strong relationships across stakeholder groups to complete time sensitive tasks
- Safety, mechanical, or electrical engineering experience
- Ability to gather and analyze complex data groups to develop actionable solutions
- Skills to build workable project plans that include project scope
- Strong presentation skills
- Consulting experience
The Griffin Groupe
Director of Recruiting and Technology
Please contact me with any questions: