Company: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
Location: New York, NY
Job Type: Full Time
Rate: $150 – 175K
Principal EHS Consultant
Are you looking to join a dynamic global industry leader that can boast nearly 120 years of excellence, growth, and continuing innovation? Do you hold yourself to the highest of standards? If yes, then we would love to hear from you.
The Griffin Groupe is seeking an experienced Principal EHS Consultant with prior EHS / IH consulting experience for an exciting client company. Expectations include a passion to grow a business, manage and mentor staff, and provide exceptional service to clients. The ideal candidate would have established relationships with pharmaceutical, manufacturing, and/or construction clients in the New York City market and/or greater northeast region.
You will leverage the client company’s existing relationships and resources, successfully sell, and consult on a range of IH and EHS projects. This is an opportunity for a senior-level professional looking to advance their career with a global EHS leader, and to make a significant impact in successfully implementing their global strategy.
Our client company offers a competitive salary, group-sponsored health and dental, short-term and long-term disability, a company-matched 401k plan, company paid life insurance, 11 paid holidays and 4 weeks paid time off.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a strategic business/action plan
- Expand the NYC and northeast client base, including pharmaceutical, manufacturing, biotech, and/or construction markets
- Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take an active leadership role in developing new business with new and existing clients
- Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business, including consulting and compliance services
- Serve as senior resource for EHS marketing, project implementation, and related activities
- Achieve client’s expectations for scope, budget, schedule, and quality
- Lead, manage performance, hire, and retain, inspire and mentor EHS personnel for overall success of the practice
- Desired areas of consulting experience include:
- EHS conformance assessments and risk assessments
- Program development and implementation
- Developing and delivering EHS training
- Environmental plans, permits, reporting, etc. (air, water, wastewater, hazardous waste, etc.)
- EHS & ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 audits and program development
REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- 10+ years of EHS consulting experience
- BS/MS in industrial hygiene, biology, environmental/civil/chemical engineering, environmental studies, or related science degree is preferred
- CIH, CSP, CHMM, CPEA, PG, PE or similar registration desired
- HAZWOPER 40-hour, trained and current 8-hour refresher preferred
- At least three (5) years of business development experience
- Established relationships in the college/university, utilities, pharmaceutical, and healthcare markets is preferred
- Proven track record in developing and implementing successful business growth strategies
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain long-term relationships with clients, and drive sales
- Solid grasp of management issues, as well as a high degree of technical competence and broad knowledge of EHS program best practices