Company: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
Location: Green Bay, WI
Job Type: Full Time
Industry: Manufacturing and Construction
Rate: Salary $130K + Bonus + Benefits DOE (Depending On Experience)
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE WILL BE OFFERED TO THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
CORPORATE SAFETY DIRECTOR
- Evaluates scope of work and creates safety plans for fabrication and installation projects per customer requirements
- Inspects job site hazards for safety, health and environmental risks & instills a safety culture within the install team that carries through to each job site
- Maintains inspection policies and schedules on equipment in accordance with OSHA regulations
- Ensures compliance with DOT regulations, including driving records, fleet maintenance and inspections
- Leads all accident investigations in the field, looking for ways to avoid future occurrences
- Manage and oversee health and safety department and its personnel, including field safety and training personnel.
- Maintain and implement safety policies and protocols across all divisions.
- Create and implement a training program, including field safety, internal safety, safety committees, etc.
- Review Injury Analysis and discuss with team members, working to identify internal and external modifications to prevent future incidents.
- Provide ongoing coaching and guidance for internal staff on workplace safety-related functions such as job hazards, injury investigations, job descriptions, and more.
- Attend meetings and seminars to obtain information for use in training programs, or to inform management of training program status.
- Develop and maintain relationships with risk management, safety, and/or training personnel within key customer accounts.
- Work with Sales and Operations team members early in the sales process for higher risk or higher potential prospective clients to assist in identifying safety hazards, additional training needs, orientation/ screening development, and client on-boarding.
- Meet with Sales and Operation's leadership teams regularly to provide and receive feedback regarding issues relevant to their specific markets and clients as well as ongoing coaching issues with internal employees.
- Infuse safety issues and culture into training and ongoing training of internal employees.
- Identify areas of improvement and coordinate/arrange necessary training.
- Provide ongoing training to operational field staff regarding associate employee interactions, communication, orientation, administration, and placement decisions.
- Make risk mitigation recommendations as needed for clients, operations team members, sales team, management team, and executive team.
- Respond to and manage all OSHA and other regulatory inquires into safety issues.
- Assist in developing and providing safety program information as needed to workers’ compensation team, human resource team, insurance agents, etc.
- Develop goals and actions to correct negative trends and maintain positive trends.
- Review and monitor trends with clients and/or internal divisions with regard to frequency and severity of injury and accidents.
- Write reports, policies, and business correspondence.
- Bachelor’s in safety environmental health or a related field, and a minimum of 10 years' work experience.
- The candidate must have advanced knowledge of OSHA principles, and principles surrounding safety and risk management.
- Experience in warehouses is an asset.
- Strong understanding of MS office applications.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Experience working with clients and customers required.
- High level of integrity and ability to operate with professional and confidential mannerisms.
- Capability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to interpret, comprehend, and apply legal principals and concepts.
- Quality and detail-oriented with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Exceptional leadership skills and ability to mentor and motivate (a real passion for EHS)
- Effective management skills.
- Serves as a change agent to drive process improvements and cultural change
- Must be adaptable and flexible
- Works well under pressure, effectively handles conflict, strict deadlines, and multiple tasks
The Griffin Groupe
Director of Recruiting and Technology
Please contact me with any questions: