: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
: Moses Lake, WA
: Full Time
: Chemical Manufacturing
offered to experienced candidates
Safety Affairs Manager
The Griffin Groupe is searching for experienced safety professionals to join our client company’s team in the manufacturing industry.
THIS OPPORTUNITY INCLUDES RELOCATION TO MOSES LAKE, WA.
Under the direction of the EHSS Manager, the Safety Affairs Manager will work independently and as a member of the EHS team with other departments to accomplish the goals of the EHS Department and our client company. In general, tasks involve managing and directing the Safety Affairs team and coordinating all internal safety, environmental and security audits. The Safety Affairs Manager will demonstrate professional appearance, behavior and attitude at all times while performing his/her job duties.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Manage and coordinate all internal safety, environmental and security audits, including appropriate participation.
- Pro-actively provide support to employees with action plan brainstorming and timeline development to ensure positive adoption and compliance.
- Monitoring, managing and directly assisting, supporting and facilitating the implementation and progress related to corrective actions from both external and internal audits.
- Ensure compliance with EHS regulatory requirements, including OSHA, WAC, ANSI, etc.
- Perform safety audits and inspections, develop recommendations for corrective or preventive measures and follow up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Responsible for oversight of lock out tag out, fall protection, confined space, and other safety programs as appropriate.
- Advising and instructing on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.).
- Developing and executing health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines.
- Preparing and enforcing policies to establish a culture of health and safety.
- Evaluating practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law.
- Coordinate and conduct safety training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Safety with 3+ years of experience, or a degree in a related field with 5+ years of industry experience.
- Safety certifications are a plus
- Working knowledge of computers and MS Office software.
- Working knowledge of arithmetic and grammar.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously in order to meet established deadlines.
- Work as a team and/or independently.
- Perform tasks with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.