: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
: Denver, CO
: Full Time
: $110,000 plus benefits
The HS&E Safety Manager
The Griffin Groupe is seeking a Health & Safety Manager to join our client’s Health & Safety team.
The HS&E Safety Manager will administer and manage, Health Safety and environmental programs in accordance with all applicable local, state, and federal regulations and client requirements per the contact. In addition to the company internal requirements.
The candidate will oversee the EH&S on the client’s property, this will include but not limited to:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the day-to-day sub-contractors assigned for the project.
- Maintain onsite training-inspections and other forms of record keeping complying with client and outside agencies requirements.
- Interact with and represent the company with clients and outside agencies.
- Provide support services as needed, this is a “boots to the ground” working environmental, in conjunction to office time for admin duties as directed by the Director of Risk Management.
- Onsite training for personal and sub-contractors.
- Manage the safety program(s) while working closely with the site department heads, and other staff to develop, sell, and implement strategic plans for compliance.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Implements and monitors company and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state and local environmental and safety regulations.
- Conducts training in emergency response, hazardous material handling, industrial hygiene, life safety activities.
- Provides technical assistance to management as needed regarding compliance requirements for MSHA and other closely related government agencies.
- Interface professionally with representatives of governmental regulatory agencies, local emergency response organizations and various external and internal compliance auditors.
- Accident Investigation and prevention.
- Employee liaison to management for safety concerns and issues
- May have a role in the administration of the worker's compensation program and the
- Takes part in accident / incident investigation.
- Carries out analysis of accident / incident statistics, identifying trends and suggesting improvement plans.
- Liaises between Clients on safety related issues.
- Participates in daily PJSA meetings prior to procurement and installation activities.
- Maintain all safety equipment to ensure working conditions are met.
- Other job-duties may be assigned per client or company contract that may not have been listed.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic, “hands-on” approach to work, willingness to learn
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Related Field
- B.S. degree in Occupational Safety and Health or closely related fields is preferred, however if an individual is close to completion of a degree they will be considered. Or equivalent with at least 5 years of relevant MSHA safety and health experience.
- Experience and demonstrated ability managing safety programs.
- Working knowledge of State and Local Regulations.
- Hold a current MSHA instructors’ card and is in good standing.
- Proficiency using personal computers and Microsoft Office suite
- Self-motivated and a team player.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Able to multitask and work with little to no direct supervision.