Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
The Griffin Groupe is searching for operations professionals for a premier client in the transportation and marine cargo industry.
Reporting to the Marine Operations Manager, the Superintendent is responsible for planning and supervising all aspects of loading and unloading of vessels and terminal management.
PREFERRED EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- Ensuring compliance with approved procedures, Industry Safety Standards (OSHA), as well as all federal, state, local, and company safety requirements and policies. Identifies and responds to unsafe operations.
- Supervising all aspects of vessel loading and/or unloading and terminal management. Observes company management policies and procedures, collective bargaining agreement, and local practices in the application of supervising subordinates.
- Conducts regular meetings with labor, maintains safe working practices and procedures, and instructs on standard operating procedures. Maintains good working relationships with labor and union officials.
- Confirms manning, good at establishing clear directions; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner such that productivity and safety are optimized.
- Organizing the work area to insure safe and efficient operations.
- Monitoring and realigning operational procedures as required.
- Ensures all incoming cargo is properly unloaded and secured in the appropriate location.
- Ensures all outgoing cargo is properly stowed and secured on the vessel per the plan.
- Ensures that all documentation and reports are accurately completed in a timely manner, including but not limited to hatch logs, payroll information, etc.
- Reporting operational performance and confirming related documentations (e.g., billing information, etc.).
- Ordering and confirming the status of equipment and material required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marine Operations, Operations Management, Business Administration, or related discipline. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Advance degrees are a plus.
- Professional certifications are a plus.
- Two years in marine terminal management / stevedoring operations.
- Military experience is a plus.
- Requires the ability to obtain a TWIC Card issued by the Department of Homeland Security.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Position requires heavy to very-heavy work, occasionally exerting 75-100 pounds of force and operating primarily in an outside environment often unprotected from elements. Significant standing, stooping, climbing, grasping, and reaching and visual acuity is required.
- Must be available to work an irregular work schedule, including nights and weekends as required.
- The above responsibilities document the major levels and scope work expected of the incumbent. They are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.