Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
Purchasing & Planning Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent the company in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
- Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers
EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Responsible for the planning, prioritizing, and coordination of customer orders to create a production schedule.
- Required to create a Master Schedule based on lead times, process flow for each operation required to manufacture the finished good to aide in forecasting.
- Responsible to ensure on-time shipments and will expedite orders as needed.
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Business Administration, Project Management, or comparable field;
- A minimum of 3 years related work experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Must possess some working knowledge relevant to required commodities (metal, chemicals, electronic components), as well as injection molding of plastics and CNC machined parts;
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources;
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods;
- Experience in developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time;