Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
Magnetics Design Engineer
The Griffin Groupe is sourcing magnetics design engineers for a valued international manufacturing client. Our Client is a global manufacturer of high-grade passive components and high-end electromechanical solutions. Our Client’s products are commonly used for power electronics, power generation, energy storage, and signal filtering functions in demanding domains such as Defense, Aviation, Space, Energy, Transportation, Medical, Telecom and other Industrial applications.
The Magnetics Design Engineer is a member of a cross functional team that develops new products for demanding aerospace and high complexity applications. Engineering work environment involves team based collaboration with several diverse projects in process at any particular time. Project development cycles range from a few weeks to several months depending on the product type and scope of project. Team member’s roles are defined uniquely for each project with experienced engineers sometimes assuming role of Project Lead based on engineer's interests and capabilities.
Develop new inductor and transformer designs that will include
- Manufacturing instructions
- Test procedures
- Risk analysis
- Compliance Matrix
- Provide other engineering expertise and support to drive rapid development of new technologies, new products and successful new production launch.
- Support Engineering Tiger Team in rapid development of prototypes, performance validation testing including AS9102 First Article Inspection Reports and Agency qualifications as needed.
- Monitor assigned projects and remedy delays and roadblocks to assure timely completion.
- Perform other engineering support and troubleshooting to remedy operational roadblocks and complete other actions as designated.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Collaborate with suppliers of specialty components and services.
- Communicate with customers concerning technical requirements of new product designs.
- Strong technical foundation is necessary in;
- Circuit components including inductors, resistors, capacitors, and transformers
- Circuit analysis methods
- Electrical instruments including DMM, DSO, power meters, network analyzers, programmable automatic test fixtures
- Basic Physics (Electromagnetic Theory)
- Effective hands on methods to identify root cause and implement corrective action
- MS Excel, SolidWorks, Spice, MathCad, or other equivalent software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering as a minimum
- Strong organizational, leadership and negotiation skills with suppliers and colleagues – in US and abroad
- Strong passion and ability to learn and grow in a fast paced environment leveraging critical thinking
- Experience in design and development of inductors, transformers, and other magnetic components including related electro-mechanical assembly processes (soldering, lead assembly, core assembly and encapsulation) are highly desired
- Applicants must meet eligibility requirements for access to export controlled data.