: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
: Rochester, NY
: Full Time
: 85k DOE
Logistics & Production Manager
Schedules and coordinates flow of work within and between departments of manufacturing plant to expedite production. The logistics & production coordinator is responsible for tracking work orders, ensuring that required material is supplied to the production floor, as according to the production schedule. This position is also responsible for expediting and prioritizing work orders and coordinating and managing weekly production schedule meetings. This position coordinates the operation of manufacturing lines to assure that quality, compliance, safety and production standards are met.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Locate and stock all material from Receiving and Quality quickly and efficiently.
- Prepare records and statements of stocks in a store room in an accurate manner.
- Verify material is correctly packaged and labeled.
- Pull material to kits and complete all transactions in a timely manner.
- Deliver items and products to the requesting departments.
- Adhere to delivery schedules accurately and in a timely manner.
- Complete stock purges sent from Engineering, Quality or Planning.
- Maintain organization and perform cycle counts on a scheduled basis.
- Identify and match incoming materials.
- Store all shipping materials in their proper locations.
- Ability to judge the type of crate, carton, and supports needed for the safe transportation of products.
- Computer skills are required in order to make the transaction of the materials through an inventory database.
- Monitor and manage production schedules to ensure on-time delivery of customer orders. Collaborate with planning, inventory control, procurement, engineering, and management to coordinate schedules.
- Analyze sales order releases with respect to capacity planning and material requirements.
- Interface with manufacturing personnel, purchasing personnel, etc. on material status and production planning issues. Expedite material as required through the procurement department.
- Be proactive with preventing delays and/or downtime of equipment.
- Ensure line employees are trained and certified for assigned roles and that they meet job
- standards. Guide and supervise junior staffs when needed.
- Use computer system to track and locate production units.
- Help establish manufacturing lead times.
- Prepare and review internal documentations for management and production staffs. Maintain files and records; assign work, instruct production operators.
- Must adhere to all safety and health practices and procedures.
- Build positive working relationships with co-workers to achieve productivity.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Time Management.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Maintain a positive attitude and provide exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- 3-5 years experience with supervisory responsibilities.
- Minimum of two (2) years of college.
- 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with purchasing, expediting, MRP/ ERP systems, quality/continuous improvement initiatives, manufacturing safety practices and MS Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be conscientious, dependable, and possess leadership skills.
- Capable of making sound decisions while being able to access situation(s) to determine if management involvement is needed.