Company: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
Location: Longwood, FL
Job Type: Full Time
Industry: Manufacturing (Electronic Components)
Rate: Market Rate
Site Quality Manager
We are looking for a Quality Manager for our client’s Orlando manufacturing facility. The Quality Manager ensures that the organization’s products and services are in compliance with the company’s quality requirements, in addition to complying with customer and regulatory requirements for quality, safety, and reliability and devising and reviewing specifications for products or processes
The Quality Manager has the ultimate authority and decision over the shipment of any product from our site and accepts the responsibility for products being in compliance with all regulatory and company standards.
- Establishes quality and reliability standards by studying product requirements with other members of management and with production operators, technicians, and engineers.
- Establishes standards for the disposition of finished product by devising evaluation tests, methods, and procedures.
- Establishes product quality documentation system by writing and updating quality assurance procedures. Establishes rework standards by devising inspection and physical testing methods and procedures.
- Responsible for the development, maintenance, and strict adherence to the client’s AS9100 quality program.
- Conducts periodic Management review in conjunction with our AS9100 certification.
- Establishes in-process product inspection standards by studying manufacturing methods; devising testing methods and procedures.
- In conjunction with the Head of Sourcing, establishes raw material standards by studying manufacturing and engineering requirements; conferring and negotiating with suppliers; devising testing methods and procedures.
- Schedules and performs internal quality audits and reports findings to the Director of Manufacturing, Head of Operations and Director of Engineering. Develops and tracks corrective action plans and ensures timely resolution of findings.
- Receives and reviews all customer satisfaction surveys and customer contacts and complaints. Reviews complaint trends and product/component failure analysis; reviews corrective actions with appropriate personnel.
- Prepares reports and other documentation required by regulatory agencies and to support the quality function.
- Publishes periodic metrics for site performance in terms of manufacturing and customer related quality.
- Establishes and maintains a continuous improvement program for the site.
- Bachelor of Industrial Engineering, or equivalent on-the-job experience is required.
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example.
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills.
- Provide recommendation and supporting documentation for capex investments.
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure, MS Office or Google Suite applications.
- Skills and qualities
- Sound IT, mathematical, business and technical skills.
- Good investigative and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Negotiating, supervisory and leadership skills combined with the ability to delegate.