: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
: Dickinson, ND
: Full Time
: Oil & Gas
: Market Rate
PROCESS SAFETY MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR
The PSM Coordinator is responsible to oversee the Process Safety Management (PSM) compliance initiatives and internal audit programs for our client company’s refinery. The position works closely with site personnel and leadership to collaborate all aspects of PSM efforts to ensure compliance with OSHA PSM and EPA RMP requirements, as well as, adherence to company and site policies and procedures.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Creates process safety management procedures and oversees the PSM Systems.
- Maintains a leadership role in Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) and Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA) for both existing and new processes and equipment.
- Prepares management reports on metrics and key indicators of overall PSM systems health.
- Maintains internal audit programs to assure compliance with PSM elements and regulatory requirements.
- Oversees the implementation of management system changes and adherence to work processes. Maintains metrics for PSM work processes and documents PSM programs to demonstrate compliance with internal and external requirements.
- Conduct and lead risk assessments as needed.
- Coordinates incident investigations. Maintain investigation records and recommendations for follow-up.
- Maintains and oversees the Management of Change work process and tools.
- Maintain the corrective action database for incidents and audits.
- Provides PSM and safety training as required.
- Participates in safety reviews and audits for unit shutdowns and normal operations.
- Audits safe work, hot work, and confined space permits for correct completion.
- Fulfills training and technical certification requirements as necessary to perform the required duties.
- Perform any tasks that may be assigned which will contribute to the achievement of the Company’s strategic objectives.
- Foster a culture that promotes ethical practices and legal compliance, encourages customer service, individual integrity, teamwork, employee innovation and accountability, and fulfills social responsibility.
- A four (4) year degree in science or engineering is preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ related experience. Refining, petrochemical industry or process related industry experience is preferred
- Must possess good human relations, leadership, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess excellent organizational, time management, record keeping and customer service skills. Able to multitask and handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Must have strong computer skills, database management and be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- Must be willing and able to be “on-call” for various plant emergencies and work as needed to ensure continuous safe refinery operation.