: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
: Dickinson, ND
: Full Time
: Oil & Gas
: Market Rate
EHS Safety Professional
Largely focused on providing project support for the refinery’s renewable fuels project and will work closely with the MPO/Project Team, Contractors, etc. Administers refinery’s health and safety programs. Promotes safe working environment by ensuring compliance with company safety policies and programs and local/state/federal safety regulations. Provides technical advice and support. Responds during nights and weekends to health and safety events. May provide coverage including extended night shift during turnaround events.
1. Administers safe work processes including injury and illness prevention and permit to work. Conducts job hazard assessments evaluating work sites for safety hazards and develops plans to reduce risk. Provides safety and health technical support to Operations and Maintenance. Provides Permit to Work guidance upon request. Communicates health and safety messages through regular attendance at meetings.
2. Audits health and safety programs to assure compliance. Interprets local/state/federal health and safety regulations to ensure refinery’s compliance. Analyzes refinery’s health and safety data to recognize trends and recommends program improvements. Reviews programs, procedures and work instructions making necessary revisions based on incident learnings and best practices.
3. Position will be heavily focused on contractor safety, construction/start-up/commissioning phases, working closely with our project team.
4. Participates in incident/accident investigations and risk assessments in collaboration with Audit & Investigations Coordinators. Serves as member of incident management team during emergencies. Ensures investigation learnings are shared with workforce.
5. Develops and delivers safety training.
6. Serves as role model and champion for safety and safety compliance. Fosters safety culture through mentoring refinery staff in techniques and procedures for control and elimination of unsafe conditions/hazards/acts.
- Minimum high school or GED required.
- Undergraduate degree in safety, industrial hygiene or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ operations or maintenance experience in the refining industry required.
- Project support experience preferred.
- Health and safety experience in the refining industry preferred.
- Safety certifications preferred such as Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred.
- Technical writing skills; ability to draft and modify procedures and work instructions.
- Knowledge of local/state/federal health and safety regulations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must have physical ability to access all areas of the refinery, including use of stairs and ladders.