Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
Schedules and coordinates flow of work within and between departments of manufacturing plant to expedite production. The production coordinator is responsible for tracking work orders, ensuring that required material is supplied to the production floor, as according to the production schedule. This position is also responsible for expediting and prioritizing work orders and coordinating and managing weekly production schedule meetings. This position coordinates the operation of manufacturing lines to assure that quality, compliance, safety and production standards are met.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Monitor and manage production schedules to ensure on-time delivery of customer orders. Collaborate with planning, inventory control, procurement, engineering, and management to coordinate schedules.
- Analyze sales order releases with respect to capacity planning and material requirements.
- Interface with manufacturing personnel, purchasing personnel, etc. on material status and production planning issues. Expedite material as required through the procurement department.
Be proactive with preventing delays and/or downtime of equipment.
- Ensure line employees are trained and certified for assigned roles and that they meet job
standards. Guide and supervise junior staffs when needed.
- Use computer system to track and locate production units.
- Help establish manufacturing lead times.
- Prepare and review internal documentations for management and production staffs. Maintain files and records; assign work, instruct production operators.
- Must adhere to all safety and health practices and procedures.
- Build positive working relationships with co-workers to achieve productivity.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Time Management.
- 3-5 years experience with supervisory responsibilities.
- Minimum of two (2) years of college.
- 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with purchasing, expediting, MRP/ ERP systems, quality/continuous improvement initiatives, manufacturing safety practices and MS Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be conscientious, dependable, and possess leadership skills.
- Capable of making sound decisions while being able to access situation(s) to determine if management involvement is needed.