: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
: Electrical and Utilities
: Irving, TX
: Full Time
Director, Environment Health & Safety (EHS)
The Griffin Groupe is sourcing Certified Safety Professionals for a valued client in the electrical and utilities industry. The ideal candidate will be a subject-matter expert in Electrical Safety best practices and lead a world-class electrical safety program; drive adherence to safe work practices by formulating and directing safety training, oversight, policies and procedures which ensure a safe workplace and continuous reduction of incidents throughout the Company’s operations in North America.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 10+ years safety experience
- 5+ years of demonstrated leadership experience
- Utility or electrical experience
- Master’s degree in Occupational Safety or equivalent
- Possess a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification or equivalent
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- A subject matter expert on all aspects of safety management
- Focused on continuing education on regulatory issues and compliance
- Develop, execute and drive the approved EHS strategic plan.
- Proactively identify, develop, aggressively pursue, and implement strategic, operational and work process improvements within the EHS department and production operations which support an incident-free workplace.
- Mitigate unsafe working conditions and unsafe employee behaviors through safety hierarchy controls, engineering controls, training programs and directing management on safety requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all environmental, health and safety regulations, and keep abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization.
- Proactively collaborate with Workforce Development department to create and implement effective production safety new hire orientation and refresher training programs with 100% worker compliance.
- Develop and implement programs which ensure that production personnel meet safety requirements before doing work.
- Regularly visit varied field production locations to coach, mentor and monitor safety professionals, production managers and employees regarding world-class safety practices.
- Be an active resource and advisor to all managers and production personnel as it pertains to electrical safety and general safety.
- Develop and enforce EHS procedures, policies and programs for all production departments and monitor safety compliance to reduce risks.
- Prepare, analyze and report safety statistics and trend analysis on leading and lagging safety indicators, through regular monitoring and reporting of KPI’s, and quickly address and drive down any negative trends.
- Ensure that required work area site inspections, safety audits and employee observations are being performed as required in all production departments and job sites.
- Manage incidents, safety violations, and unsafe conditions and events; perform, assist and/or support incident investigations.
- Ensure federal, state, and local OSHA compliance of safety and environmental regulations.
- Manage EPA and OSHA records for the company.
- Manage, mentor and support all safety personnel to effectively execute the Company’s EHS strategies and procedures, with particular attention to electrical safety expertise.
- Bachelor's degree in occupational safety and health, environmental science, or related subject preferred
- NFPA CESCP (NFPA Certified Electrical Safety Compliance Professional) a plus.
- Professional designation like OHST, ASSP, or CSP is desirable.
- Applicable training and certifications in CPR, First Aid, and OSHA 30 hour.
- Requires at five years of strong electrical safety management experience
- Five years of strong leadership experience.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Certifications in ASSE, NFPA, National Safety Council, and/or BCSP desired.
- Must be an effective communicator verbally, in writing, and presenting to groups in a professional manner.
- Must be computer literate, with proficiency using MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook), Internet searching, and general MS Windows user.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership.
- Must be able to effectively work independently and as a member of a team.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task in a strenuous and fast-paced work environment.
- Strong professional writing, analytical and problem-solving skills.