: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
: Rochester, NY
: Full Time
: $50 – 65k DOE
The Griffin Groupe is seeking motivated logistics professionals for a valued client in the electronics manufacturing industry. This role works with the supply chain division of our client to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of incoming and outgoing shipping program.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Locate and stock all material from Receiving and Quality quickly and efficiently.
- Prepare records and statements of stocks in a store room in an accurate manner.
- Verify material is correctly packaged and labeled.
- Pull material to kits and complete all transactions in a timely manner.
- Deliver items and products to the requesting departments.
- Adhere to delivery schedules accurately and in a timely manner.
- Complete stock purges sent from Engineering, Quality or Planning.
- Maintain organization and perform cycle counts on a scheduled basis.
- Identify and match incoming materials.
- Store all shipping materials in their proper locations.
- Ability to judge the type of crate, carton, and supports needed for the safe transportation of products.
- Ability to prepare parts/lots before packing and/or crating
- Ability to recognize and correct any mistakes found during packing, crating, or shipping.
- Must operate pallet jack
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Math skills and basic notions of accounting.
- Computer skills are required in order to make the transaction of the materials through an inventory database.
- Good communication skills in both verbal and writing
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Maintain a positive attitude and provide exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Associate college degree.
- 1-2 years experience with UPS, FedEx, and/or DHL computer/logistic systems.
- 1-2 years related experience in packing/shipping.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to stand, walk, use hands to fingers, reach with hands and arms, climb and balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk or hear 2/3 of time. Must be able to sit 1/3 of time.
- Lift 10 lbs. continuously and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- May have to climb safety ladders to retrieve material in shelves.
- Physical Activity Level: Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily product/technical nature.