: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
: Kirkland, WA
6 Months – 1 Year
Manufacturing (Electronic Components)
OPERATIONS MANAGER CONSULTANT
The Griffin Groupe is seeking highly experienced operations management professionals with knowledge of electronic components markets for a valued client in the manufacturing industry. This role works to ensure our client’s facility meets customer expectations for delivery and quality of products, and our client company’s expectations of efficiency and effectiveness.
The Operations Manager drives continuous improvement and optimization of all processes; oversees all daily operations of the plant related to production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. The successful Operations Manager will have the key skills to develop processes that will maximize safety, quality, delivery and productivity.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Extensive operations management experience in a manufacturing environment (preferably electronic components)
- Project management certifications (PMP, Six Sigma or equivalent)
- Knowledge of ISO quality systems (9001)
- Degree in electrical engineering or equivalent experience
- Proven leadership experience
- Excellent communications skills
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations;
- Increase production, asset capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary inventory and costs, and maintaining current quality standards;
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping;
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results;
- Implement plans in alignment with company strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus;
- Monitors operations, triggers and implements corrective and preventative actions ;
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff;
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or excess labor costs, overtime;
- Commit to plant safety procedures;
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets;
- Assist in the transfer of selected products to other client company facilities.
- Address employees’ issues or grievances;
- Influence and learn from direct workforce and working leads;
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts;
- Responsible for preventative maintenance program;
- A BS degree in Business Management or related field, or equivalent on-the-job experience is helpful but not required. A degree in Electrical engineering/technology is preferred.
- Proven working experience as a plant manager or supervisor;
- Work closely with Group (US and France) peers to develop best practices;
- Proven managerial experience;
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources);
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise;
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes;
- Computer literacy;
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example;
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills;
- Provide recommendation and supporting documentation for cap ex investments;
- Working knowledge of quality management systems such as AS9100 or ISO9001 is required.
- Sound mathematical, mechanical, manufacturing and technical skills.
- Good investigative and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to think logically and methodically.
- Good interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Negotiating, supervisory and leadership skills combined with the ability to delegate.
- Decision making ability coupled with the ability to work independently and proactively.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office systems is required.
- Working knowledge of ERP software packages in required.
- Conversational French fluency desired, but not required.