: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
: Covina, CA
: Full Time
The Griffin Groupe is searching for talented safety professionals to join our manufacturing client in Covina, CA. They are committed to solving demanding engineering challenges in multiple industries including gas turbine engines, medical products, aerospace and satellite and launch vehicles.
Manage the Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) program to support the organization, promote safe work practices and ensure facilities are in regulatory compliance. Develop, plan and implement programs to maintain compliance with all of CLIENT policies and requirements, federal, state and local regulatory laws. Develop, coordinate and implement training programs in support of CLIENT policies and requirements.
Position requires a hands-on manager who is willing to maintain a high level of visibility with CLIENT’s management team and manufacturing and fabrication teams. Selected candidate is expected to manage, direct and support development of CLIENT’s safety and industrial hygiene programs. Provide support and guidance for CLIENT manufacturing operations in the following areas:
- Safe workplace procedures
- New Equipment Review and Approval
- OSHA compliance
- Safety training
- Identification, evaluation and control of industrial hygiene exposures
- Emergency Response
- Hazards Identification
- Injury / incident prevention and analysis
- Hazardous material management
- May be required to handle hazardous waste
- May be required to complete hazardous waste management training
- May be required to complete Emergency Coordinator Training
Additionally, the selected candidate will be responsible for supporting and developing CLIENT’s industrial safety compliance programs as well as developing an effective injury / incident prevention program, which demonstrates a reduction in injury frequency and severity and a corresponding decrease in workers’ compensation costs.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Selected candidate will require strong management, interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively develop and communicate CLIENT’s safety program and vision throughout the organization.
- Ability to develop and deliver safety training programs and experience in developing business plans.
- Familiarity with, and ability to negotiate and interface effectively, on CLIENT’s behalf, with outside regulatory agencies.
- This position also requires strong assessment and writing skills.
- Knowledge of California OSHA, EPA and other applicable regulatory agency requirements.
- Ability to interpret safety, environmental and industrial hygiene regulations and requirements and determine most effective implementation strategy.
- A knowledge of workers compensation is a plus.
- Advanced personal computing skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Working knowledge of safety and industrial hygiene monitoring equipment and techniques.
- Five to ten years of progressive safety, environmental or industrial hygiene experience in a heavy manufacturing setting or as a safety and loss control consultant for a casualty insurer or major insurance broker.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Industrial Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Environmental Engineering preferred. Bachelor or Masters in Chemistry, Biology, Public Health or Engineering acceptable with appropriate workplace experience.
- CSP or CIH preferred. Candidates who have passed first exams for CSP or CIH certifications also acceptable.