Company: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
Location: Christ Church, Barbados
Job Type: Full Time
Industry: Media Distribution
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
---- PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A PERMANENT PLACEMENT POSITION LOCATED IN BARBADOS. RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS OFFERED ----
Our Client is an online media distribution business that owns and operates subscriber-based multimedia content platforms. These platforms distribute digital content such as movies, music, video games and e-books.
They offer an awesome array of benefits including vehicle and housing allowance, quarterly bonuses, medical benefits, in-house doctor, complimentary breakfast and more.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- 6+ Running Scrum in an agile environment
- Excellent communication and organization
- Project management skills
- Goal oriented (tracking metrics and KPIs)
- Proven effective leadership experience
The Operations Manager will liaise with other team members, including interacting with managers of different areas of the organization, present performance metrics to stakeholders and Senior Management as well as training and supervising new employees and tracking and measuring staff performance. It is the Operations Manager’s overall responsibility to make sure the organization is running as well as it possibly can, with smooth efficient service that meets the expectations and needs of the organization.
- Apply appropriate coaching, knowledge and skills to plan, manage and help teams deliver projects on time as deemed appropriate, squad by squad basis
- Coach team to think not who is best suited to complete a task or ticket but which team
- Maintain DR operational health kpi provided later,
- Global delivery of kpi
- Monitor and analyze the current systems and process to check their effectiveness
- Devise strategies for improvements to current systems and process
- Plan, implement, and control improvements and new organizational structures based on current and future requirements which support business growth.
- Serve as a liaison between different teams to facilitate knowledge and skills transfer
- Serve as escalation point for issues that are unresolvable at squad / team level.
- For Infrastructure chapter, help devise tactical initiatives that will increase efficiency and cut costs
- As needed, provide guidance/advice on process, policy and company matters to Client's managers
- Serve as a point of contact for workflow issues with internal teams
- Play a key role in providing feedback and recommendations to Senior Management on new initiatives, product roll-out and technical capabilities.
- Provide leadership to foster a culture of high team effectiveness and timely completion
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years running scrum in an agile environment;
- Technical background in a digital/web environment;
- Strong technical expertise, preferably as a software developer or architect;
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification an asset;
- Thorough understanding of Agile software development methodologies, values, and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types;
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills;
- Ability to coach the team to reach their highest potential, and champion change;
- Experience working in complex, multi-project, multi-team environments;
- You take ownership on whatever it is you’re on and feel accountable for the results;
- Self-confidence to be assertive when taking a position and can constructively resolve problems;
- A passion and commitment to your own personal development;
- Creative, resourceful and innovative at tackling complex challenges;
- Approachable and willing to offer helpful solution;
- Possess a get-it-done attitude.
Scrum, Operations Management, Communication, Agile Methodologies, KPI Dashboards, Software Development, JIRA, Project Management, Quality Assurance, Training